Tuesday 2 March 2021

Bygones...

Don't ask me why I am silent in,  because I shall never utter a word
about how I waited for years, just to be with him
How I felt elated, when he showed up albeit decades late
How I felt happy, whenever he made me smile
How I felt crushed, when he wished to walk away
Holding on to him was not a choice, he would have hated me for that
so I let him go though it felt like driving a knife through my heart
And  I stood strong, while still crying inside and I realised that if I don't utter a word
No one will ask if I am hurting 
I survived and I am working through the loneliness that keeps challenging me to give up and cry
And one day I might grow out of the fear of loving someone and I might love again 
Age wont defy me if I find love again!
But for now, don't ask me why I am silent
My wounds are deep and I am healing myself with my silence
My world will wait for me to bloom again...

No comments:

Post a Comment